You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

A course is full time if it is:

  • funded by one of the following organisations (the Young People's Learning Agency for England; the Chief Executive for Skills Funding; the Welsh Assembly; Scottish Ministers) and your personal learning agreement involves more than 16 hours of guided learning each week

  • called a full-time course according to the provider (e.g. the college or university).

If you are on a sandwich course or modular course, the rules for deciding whether all or part of the course is full-time are more complex. We suggest you seek the advice of an experienced benefits adviser. You can use our Find an Adviser tool to find a local one.