You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Budgeting Loan/Advance - How do I challenge a Budgeting Loan/Advance decision?

A budgeting loan/advance is a loan to pay for certain essentials

How do I challenge a Budgeting Loan/Advance decision?

If you disagree with the decision made on your application, you can request a review by writing to Jobcentre Plus within 28 days of the decision. You will need to explain why you think the decision is wrong.

If you still think the decision is wrong after the review, you can ask the office of the Independent Case Examiner to review the decision. You may have to make a formal complaint before you can take your case to the Independent Case Examiner. 

You may want to get help from an adviser if challenging a decision. You can use our Find an Adviser tool to locate one in your area.

Further information on Challenges and complaints

Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page

Your situation

What's your situation?

Find information on benefits and grants that relates to your circumstances.

Your situation

Check benefit entitlement

Find out what means-tested benefits you might be entitled to, including tax credits.

Use the Benefits Calculator

Grants Search

Search our database of grant-giving organisations

Search for grants

Find a Local Adviser

Search for your nearest sources of information and advice

Find an Local Adviser