You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Armed Forces Independence Payment - How do I challenge an Armed Forces Independence Payment decision?

The Armed Forces Independence Payment provides financial support to seriously injured service personnel and veterans

How do I challenge an Armed Forces Independence Payment decision?

If your claim is unsuccessful, you can ask Veterans UK to reconsider their decision.

You may appeal if your claim was rejected or if you think the type of award you’ve been given is wrong - for example, if you don’t think your disability has been correctly assessed.

Contact the Veterans UK Helpline on 0808 1914 218  for information on challenging a decision or see the Veterans UK website.

Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page

Your situation

What's your situation?

Find information on benefits and grants that relates to your circumstances.

Your situation

Check benefit entitlement

Find out what means-tested benefits you might be entitled to, including tax credits.

Use the Benefits Calculator

Grants Search

Search our database of grant-giving organisations

Search for grants

Find a Local Adviser

Search for your nearest sources of information and advice

Find an Local Adviser