You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Armed Forces Independence Payment - How do I claim an Armed Forces Independence Payment?

The Armed Forces Independence Payment provides financial support to seriously injured service personnel and veterans

How do I claim an Armed Forces Independence Payment?

You should contact Veterans UK to get a claim form.

You can call their helpline on:

  • 0808 1914 218 (UK) or

  • +44 1253 866 043 (Overseas)

Is there a deadline for making a claim?

There are no time limits. However, if you delay returning your claim form it may affect the date it becomes payable. So you should return your claim form as early as possible

Change of circumstances

You must report changes in your circumstances which might affect your entitlement to this benefit to Veterans UK.

Anything wrong with this page?

Tell us the problem

Please enter your name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter what you were doing
Please enter what you'd like to report
Please enter the security code shown

Thank you

If you would like to tell us more please visit our contact page

Your situation

What's your situation?

Find information on benefits and grants that relates to your circumstances.

Your situation

Check benefit entitlement

Find out what means-tested benefits you might be entitled to, including tax credits.

Use the Benefits Calculator

Grants Search

Search our database of grant-giving organisations

Search for grants

Find a Local Adviser

Search for your nearest sources of information and advice

Find an Local Adviser