You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

The Local Housing Allowance (LHA) is used to work out how much Housing Benefit or Housing Element of Universal Credit you get if you rent from a private landlord. It varies according to the area you live in.

Factors that determine the LHA rate you might be given include the type of accommodation you live in and who lives with you.