You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Armed Forces (Serving/Veteran)

If you are a serving member of the Armed Forces or a veteran, there may be benefits, grants or other financial support available to you and your family.

Skip to content:



To check what benefits you might be entitled to quickly and easily, you can use the Turn2us Benefits Calculator

To read more about the benefits available for people who are serving members of the Armed Forces or a veteran, select from the list below:

Armed Forces Compensation Scheme - if you have an illness or injury caused by service in the Armed Forces on or after 6 April 2005.

Armed Forces Independence Payment - alternative to receiving Personal Independence Payment (PIP) and Disability Living Allowance (DLA). 

War Pension Scheme - if you have an illness or injury caused by service in the Armed Forces before 6 April 2005 and are no longer serving in the Armed Forces.

You may also be eligible for help with housing costs


To find out what help may be available from grant-giving charities, you can use the Turn2us Grants Search

There are a number of military charities that provide support, each with their own set of eligibility requirements. Help may be available to you from one of these charities, if you:

  • Are still serving

  • Are a veteran

  • Serve or served as a regular or reserve, because of the Second World War or National Service

  • Had a long or short period of service

  • Are the partner, spouse, widow, widower or dependent child of someone who served.

Advice and Support

Turn2us is unable to offer advice on individual situations. To find an adviser in your area to discuss your situation with, you can use our Find an Adviser

Further information resources

Last reviewed: April 2022