You are now leaving the Turn2us site. Turn2us is not responsible for content on third party sites.

Each local council has a social services department which is responsible for assessing the needs of and providing social care services to vulnerable people in the area they cover who are older, sick, have disabilities or are caring for someone. 

>In Scotland, they are called social work departments and in Northern Ireland, they are called health and social care trusts.

To find out more about your local social services department, contact your local council.